Associate Membership: Charter School Authorizer
AUTHORIZER - ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
[Organizations that authorize charter schools]
As a Charter School Authorizer Associate Member, your organization becomes an active part of a professional association that advocates for charter school policy issues, supports charter school innovation, quality and accountability, and facilities cooperation in Minnesota's charter school community to assure excellence in education for our students.
THE VALUE OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Opportunity to participate in task forces and work groups and serve as a board member
- Attend MACS-sponsored workshops, training programs, and conferences at Authorizer Associate Member rates
- Support the advocacy efforts MACS conducts on behalf of all charter schools at the state and national level
- Stay informed on public policy issues through policy forums, teleconferences, webinars, etc.
- Post authorizer events or trainings and your organization’s charter liaison career openings on the MACS website
TO JOIN MACS: Just fill out and return the following to our office:
- A Charter School Authorizer Associate Member Application Form (see below) and
- A check for Membership Dues
Current Annual Authorizer Membership Dues:
Authorizer Membership is for 12 months from the month the organization joins. Authorizer dues are based upon the number of schools authorized:
- $350 Base Dues, plus
- $50 per school authorized for each additional school authorized beyond the initial school.
Example: an authorizer with oversight of 5 schools would pay $550: $350 for the base dues and $50 x the 4 additional schools authorized.
For more information, Contact Eugene Piccolo Executive Director at 651.789.3090 Ext. 10