Special Education Paraprofessional
Sojourner Truth Academy
3820 Emerson Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
JOIN THE STA FAMILY
Sojourner Truth Academy (STA) is currently seeking hard-working, passionate, social- justice-oriented educators to join our team as Special Education Paraprofessionals for the 2017-2018 school year.
At Sojourner Truth Academy we strive to provide and equitable and caring environment that fosters the belief that all scholars can and will achieve at high levels.
EFFECTIVE STA EDUCATORS ARE
• Data Driven
• Problem Solvers
• Change Agents
• Strong in Content Knowledge
STA EMPLOYMENT LOGISTICS
• Sojourner Truth Academy’s work day is 7:15am-3:15pm, Monday-Friday
• All STA Staff are expected to attend and participate in all monthly family events at the school.
Salary for this position is competitive and based on prior experience. STA offers a collaborative and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, and retirement.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree or higher OR high school diploma or G.E.D. and at least sixty (60) college credits OR successful completion of Parapro examination
CERTIFICATE & LICENSURE: Two year paraprofessional certificate preferred
STA BY THE NUMBERS
• 18 Years Serving Scholars
• 24:1 Scholar to Teacher Ratio
• 300+ Book library in each classroom
• 15 Consecutive Years Receiving MDE’s Finance Award
• 53% of Teachers in Leadership Roles
• 13 Professional Development Days
• 2 Hours of Professional Development per Week
• $350 per Year Classroom Budget
• $1000 per Grade Level Field Trip Allowance
• $0 Cost Employee Health Coverage
• 14 Family Events per Year
• 4 High Impact Community Partners
• 95% of Parents Feel Welcome at STA
1. Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.sojournertruthacademy.org
2. Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Nicole Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.