Minnesota Transitions Charter School
2872 26th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55406
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Commensurate with Experience
The Superintendent is the Chief Executive Officer of the Charter School and is responsible for all elements of the operation. This position reports to an elected Board.
Applicants must have, or be able to obtain, a school administrative license from the state of Minnesota. A Superintendent license or coursework toward completing a Minnesota license, and prior administrative experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the general administration of a comprehensive program of instructional and support services for K through 12th grade students in an organization with multiple locations.
• Proficiency in communications and public relations including a record of positive involvement with staff and in the school community.
• Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of instructional and support programs for learners.
• Knowledge and experience in the management and development of school personnel.
• Knowledge and experience of school finance and financial management including budget development, deployment, and monitoring.
• Understanding of school revenue streams including Special Education and Title funds.
• Knowledge and experience in positive interactions with a School Board.
• Experience with the Administration of a Charter School.
Minnesota Transitions Charter School serves approximately 3000 students in grades K through 12. The school has six different locations and offers both seat-based and on-line programs. Schools include:
o Banaadir Academy
o Banaadir South
o MTCS K-12 Charter School
o General Colin L. Powell Leadership Academy
o JrROTC Program
o P.E.A.S.E. Academy (Sober program)
o Minnesota Virtual High School
o MTS Connections K-12 Academy
• The Charter School employs 180 instructional and support staff members. The Superintendent is supported by Building Directors/Principals and a District Administrative Cabinet. In addition, Minnesota Transitions Charter School currently contracts finance/business operations, Transportation and Food Service through private vendors.
• The school is proud of small class sizes, great staff, and strong and supportive parents.
• The school’s operating budget is approximately $34 million.
• Minnesota Transitions Charter School’s mission statement: MTS will empower and ensure all students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to access their future.
• Additional information is available at the school’s website at www.mtcs.org.
Interested parties should complete an online application for the position available at the following link: http://www.applitrack.com/peersolutions/onlineapp/
Inquiries regarding the position can be directed to Search Consultant Charlie Kyte at 651-247-6505 or email@example.com or to Search Consultant Greg Vandal at 320-247-3739 or firstname.lastname@example.org.