Special Education Teacher
Cornerstone Montessori Elementary School
1611 Ames Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55106
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Head of School
Plans and develops, under the guidance of Administration and within the community structure, instructional materials, lessons, and other activities to support Cornerstone's goals and objectives in accordance with the mission statement. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students who qualify for special education services to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and psychological growth. The Teacher evaluates the needs and abilities of students and determines methods and techniques to best present and provide instruction to students within assigned subject areas. The teacher assures students show continuous improvement in learning basics and essential skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned).
• Design and deliver effective instruction specific to the Individualized Educational Program of students with special needs, specifically coordinating services and fulfilling all requirements of the IEP
• Communicate with families regarding students’ school program, collaborating with general education staff as appropriate.
• Support students’ development in all areas.
• Collaborate with regular education teachers to plan curriculum and jointly support content learning.
• Collaborate with school staff and leadership concerning the development, implementation and evaluation of best practices and instructional strategies for ELL students to attain high academic achievement according to District and State Standards.
• Adhere to state and federal guidelines on delivery of instruction and compliance, communicating effectively with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Participate in ongoing staff, team, and individual professional development.
• Facilitate the Child Find process.
• Support staff and children in transition times, lunch, and recess as assigned.
• B.A. in Special Education or related field.
• Valid MN Teaching License in Special Education with MN Licensure in LD, ABS and/or EBD, or a valid teaching license and willingness to pursue Special Education licensure.
• Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
• Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
• Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
Cornerstone Montessori Elementary School is seeking a second Special Education teacher to join our exceptional team. Cornerstone Montessori is a charter school committed to authentic AMI Montessori curriculum and serves children in Kindergarten through sixth grade. We seek to provide the highest quality education to all children, regardless of their socio-economic or cultural backgrounds, through partnering with a diverse community of parents, cultivating healthy lifestyles and nurturing empathy, character and community engagement. It is located in an ethnically diverse community on the East Side of Saint Paul.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and a resume to Liesl Taylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org