Cedar Riverside Community School
1610 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55454
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Case manager to Special Education Students and provide direct services as needed.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations including required special education forms. Keep files in office compliant.
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
• Schedule IEP and team meetings as needed and required by the State of Minnesota and ensure that all required documents are in compliance
• Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress and complete academic testing for writing of reports and IEPs.
• Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine students' strengths and areas of need.
• Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities and modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
• Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
• Work closely with Special Education Coordinator and Special Education Director to report any concerns.
• Coordinate placement of students with special needs into mainstream classes.
• Be available for Sp. Ed. families on an as-needed basis via phone and online
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Valid MN teaching license
• Willingness to work with students with unique backgrounds and skills
Cedar Riverside Community School opened its doors in 1993 making CRCS one of the oldest charter schools in the nation. Our proven track record speaks for itself and is the direct result of how closely our staff works with our students, families, and each other. At CRCS, the needs of the students drive our program and community. Our students are 100% Free and Reduced, 100% diverse, 90% ELL, and 100% extraordinary!
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com or mail to 1610 South Sixth Street, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55454, Attn. Randy Vetsch. Applications accepted until position is filled.