Information Technology Specialist
9477 Decatur Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
To provide the school with all technology needs to ensure that all programs are running efficiently.
• Implementation, support and inventory control of applications used
• Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots networks, networking hardware devices and software
• Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
• Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
• Develops and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solutions
• Evaluates system specifications for business requirements
• Develops and prepares computer solutions
• Works closely with superintendent and the deputy superintendent of academics to prioritize goals and information needs
• Efficiently identifies and solves project issues
• Strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills required
• Follows other duties as assigned by the superintendent and deputy superintendent of academics
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
• Solid understanding of Noble Academy’s practices with fundamental understanding of project management methodology
• Requires excellent computer skills
• Effective problem-solving, analytical and time management skills
• Works well both alone and/or in a team setting
• Ability to work under little or no supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of personality types and dispositions in numerous circumstances while maintaining a controlled, tactful, respectful, professional manner.
• Excellent team player skills with positive attitude.
• Ability to maintain a calm presence in an emergency.
• Ability to think clearly in any situation, determines priorities, and handles multiple tasks.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly.
• Experience with TestNav/MCA-II/NWEA/MAP/WIDA Testing procedures and setup.
• Operational knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 2010 suites.
• Experience with Smart Notebook software and Smart Interactive white boards.
• Operational knowledge of Windows Server 2012, Google Suite and Office 365 usage and upkeep
• Knowledge of Security IP Cameras systems and management.
• Ability to troubleshoot desktop, server, and network issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to setup and configure Windows Domain services and Active Directory.
• Ability to adjust to educational roles according to building needs.
• Minimum Education: Associate’s degree in an information technology related field
• Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field
• Minimum of 4 years prior Information Technology experience required
• Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks
• Knowledge of state/national testing procedures and proper set-up
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should download and complete Noble Academy’s employment application from www.nobleacademy.us and submit it with a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all employees are expected to understand their role as stated herein and understand that this list is not inclusive. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks assigned by the Superintendent and/or Deputy Superintendent that are not part of their job descriptions. Responsibilities are subject to change with or without notice.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.