9477 Decatur Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
To perform a variety of cleaning activities in the school’s building and facility; to provide supplies and equipment for the performance of duties. To create a professional environment for the students, staff and the public by maintaining the cleanliness of the school.
• Empty and clean trash receptacles
• Sweep and scrub floors; strip, seal, wax, and buff tile floors if necessary
• Dust and clean office and classroom furniture
• Hose down ramps, stairwells or other hallways/walkways
• Clean interior and exterior windows and glass doors
• Disinfect and clean all bathroom areas
• Replenish supplies and materials
• Vacuum traffic areas; spot and shampoo carpets
• Collect recyclable materials
• Set out warning signs for wet or slippery areas
• Performs security checks of the building
• Move and arrange furniture and equipment for special events and projects
• Assists with unloading and loading of food and other misc items that may require additional support
• Assists the kitchen staff with breakfast and lunch needs
• Assists staff with any inquiries they may need (lifting, moving, arranging, etc…)
• May assist in maintaining and contacting relationships with janitorial vendors
• Follows other duties as assigned by the Superintendent and/or Deputy Superintendent of Academics
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of basic methods, materials, and equipment used in janitorial work
• Knowledge of safe work practices
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to learn janitorial procedures and methods
• Ability to maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communications with others
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
• Effective interaction and communication with others
• Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties
• Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
o Walking, standing, or lifting for extended periods of time
o Operating powered and non-powered equipment
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
• Hazards: moving equipment, trip obstacles, dust, fumes, cuts, slippery surfaces, working at heights, exposure to electric shock and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Equipment used: floor scrubbers, ladders, hand tools, step stools, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, mops, dust mops, brooms, and other cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Safety Equipment: safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and back support belts optional.
• Standing/walking: Constantly, throughout the work shift.
• Sitting: infrequently, during breaks and lunch.
• Lift/carry: frequently, 1-30+ lbs, equipment, supplies, trash.
• Push/pull: frequently, using both hands and arms while performing cleaning duties, exerting 5-35+ lbs force. Occasionally, moving furniture and materials, exerting a force of 20-45+ lbs.
• Climbing: infrequently.
• Bending/twisting/balancing: frequently, at waist, knees, and neck throughout work shift. Some twisting is required, but can be avoided with attention to proper body mechanics.
• Kneeling/crouching/crawling: infrequently, may be required while cleaning lower areas, retrieving supplies from lower shelves.
• Hands/arms: constant use in reaching, handling, grasping and using fingers while operating equipment, using hand and power tools, wiping and cleaning surfaces. Overhead reaching may be required throughout shift.
• High school diploma
• One year of general work experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should download and complete Noble Academy’s employment application from www.nobleacademy.us and submit it with a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Clause: Noble Academy is a small, independent school district. All staff are expected to understand their roles. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks that are not part of their job descriptions.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.