Creative Education Facilitator
High School for Recording Arts
1166 University Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104
9, 10, 11, 12
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Director of Educational Programming
HSRA is looking for a creative teacher of any licensure to join our team. In this role, we are looking for teachers with experience in creative pedagogy, project based learning, experiential learning, and arts integration to expand upon our hand's on constructivist offerings for our students. This person will coordinate with the creative arts labs of the school, collaborate with other HSRA teachers, and work with a variety of students to help them grow academically and create dynamic, relevant, and interesting projects. In this position, we are looking at an applicant's philosophy, experience, and ideas and are open to hiring from a variety of licenses. If this interests you - please apply and come check out our exciting school!
Applicants to be HSRA teachers should have a teaching philosophy that programs for a creative, fun, and student centered classroom that challenges, engages, and empowers all students. They should be self-starters, excited for collaboration, be able to work interdisciplinary, be able to / learn to build blended learning lessons using Schoology, and be able to balance experiential, expeditionary, and project-based learning in their classes.
MN Teaching License
- Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
- Experience working with adolescents, youth agencies, social services, and school systems.
- Persistence. Belief that all youth have the ability to learn.
- Ability and willingness to work with families in a non-blaming approach.
- Advocacy skill, including good communication skills and the ability to negotiate, compromise, and confront conflict.
- Organizational skill, flexibility and ability to work in a variety of settings. Ability to work independently.
HSRA is dedicated to providing all young people a chance to realize their full potential, despite any previous setbacks. As we engage students through music and the exploration and operation of the music business, we demonstrate that core learning areas and real world, 21st century skills can be acquired at the same time. More than just earning a high school diploma, HSRA prepares students for a positive post-secondary education and life.
Please contact our Hiring Team to apply: Joey Cienian (firstname.lastname@example.org), Renee Swanson (email@example.com), and Saintanne Tipton (firstname.lastname@example.org)