Academic and Behavior Strategist
College Prep Elementary
355 Randolph Ave
St. Paul, MN 55102
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1. Provide support and implement behavior support plan for IEP students to help improve functioning and ensuring program eligibility and compliance with established guidelines.
2. Assists in developing interventions and behavior plans for the purpose of providing a safe and effective educational environment for students with challenging behaviors.
3. Assists in developing procedures and training materials for district staff involved with students with challenging behaviors for the purpose of enhancing programs for students and ensuring that program operations are in compliance with established guidelines.
4. Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops and committees for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and remaining knowledgeable with program guidelines.
5. Assists staff in: defining and measuring behavior, understanding principles of reinforcement, teaching new behavior, implementing strategies for weakening behavior and identifying antecedents of behaviors.
6. Facilitate team meetings that design behavior interventions plans, social skills instruction, and school-wide positive behavioral support as needed.
7. Work with individual teachers, groups of teachers and/or the entire staff on issues such as crisis, intervention, learning and collaboration issues, and factors that can affect development and implementation of interventions.
8. Promote highly specialized positive behavior interventions in which “at risk” students thrive such as behavior instruction that is explicit, intensive, accelerated and provides ample practice.
9. Continually supervise students to ensure a safe, non-threatening, nurturing environment where student can thrive.
10. Engage in on-going professional development to increase knowledge and skills of positive student behavior support for all students behavior support for all student, targeted students and students who represent sub-group populations.
11. Engage parents in the “student behavior intervention plan” process and empower parents by providing them with skills and techniques to support the positive behavior development of their child.
12. Review behavior referrals and SWIS data reports.
13. Other duties as assigned.
• Valid MN Academic and Behavior Strategist License (required)
• Experience working with similar population (preferred, but not required)
College Prep Elementary (CPE) is a K-6 charter school located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Our school was established in 2009 to serve Hmong and minority families through a specialized focus on college and career readiness. We have a small school environment to accomplish our mission of preparing every student to succeed in college and career. CPE utilizes research-based, proven methods to promote English language development and literacy, mathematics proficiency, science mastery, and engagement in the learning process. We provide our students with a strong educational program within a learning community that builds self-confidence and awareness of diverse cultures and ideas.
Visit http://www.cpe-k6.org for more information about our Charter School.
Persons interested in applying should send an email: email@example.com with the following applications materials attached:
copy of license
completed General Application for Employment (can be found on the district website http://www.cpe-k6.org under the "District Info" tab)
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed immediately. Position is open until filled.