Special Education Teacher
Southside Family Charter School
4500 Clinton Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55419
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Southside Family Charter School is looking for a full time special Ed teacher for our small and vibrant community. This position is for the 18/19 school year, as it fills the position of a teacher going on sabbatical for the year.
Duties will include:
1. Teach specific academic instructional groups across the year.
2. Prepare for student instruction
A) interpretation of the most recent evaluation for the student
B) review MCA/NWEA scores for current performance
C) plan lessons based on the goals in the current IEP
3. Review and interpret the goals for the designated students
A) identify materials and instructional strategies to implement specially designed
B) instruction that meets students’ disability related needs
C) develop a progress monitoring plan for the goals being addressed
4. For the students served in the above groups, orchestrate IEP meetings
5. Assist with monitoring the implementation of the accommodations in the general education setting (based on what is in the IEP) for the students served in the groups above.
6. Provide data and create semi-annual progress reports (in SpEd Forms).
MN teaching license in EBD, ASD, or ABS preferred.
Experience working with special needs kids required.
Southside Family Charter School (SFCS) is a nationally recognized award-winning, K-8 urban elementary school located in South Minneapolis. Founded in 1972, and a charter since 2006, we provide an academically challenging, socially conscious education to a diverse community of over 100 learners. We are proud to offer small class sizes, hands-on learning, and a social justice curriculum that gets students out into the community. Our Mission is to meet the needs of a culturally and ethnically diverse population by engaging children in critical thinking and problem solving, involving children in political and social activism, encouraging creative expression, offering a wide range of electives and advocating for children and families. (http://www.southsidefamilyschool.org)
Please send letter of Interest, resume and two references to david@Southsidefamilyschool.org