MS Language Arts Teacher
Community School of Excellence
270 Larpenteur Avenue W
St. Paul, MN 55117
6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Middle School Language Arts Teacher (6-8)
2017-2018 School Year
Full-time, 10 month, Exempt Employee
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with school mission, vision, programs and policies.
Knowledge and Skills
• Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
• Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
• Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
• Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
• Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools.
• Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
• Demonstrates gains in student performance.
• Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating, and participating in special events.
• Other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor degree; Master degree preferred, an accredited college/university.
• Valid full-time 6-8 Language Arts Teacher License
• Two plus years of experience teaching.
• Preferred experience working with Hmong students
Interested applicants should apply by sending the following credentials and completed application to HR@csemn.org or to the school address at:
Community School of Excellence School District #4181, 270 Larpenteur Ave West, St. Paul, MN 55113
Please submit the following:
1. Letter of interest
2. Current Resume
3. Completed CSE Application