9477 Decatur Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Under the direction of the Superintendent and the Deputy Superintendent of Academics, the Principal will be involved in a wide variety of activities, from being an instructional leader, to developing and upholding the school’s mission statement and school board policy. They may set standards of performance and establish goals and objectives for studies, teachers, and staff. Principals also interact with stakeholders outside of school at community events and various social organizations.
• Administers various school educational programs, possibly including measurement and evaluation.
• Directs the special education program.
• Assist with the planning and directing of district-wide programs.
• Assist with evaluating educational programs and in curriculum planning.
• Conceptualizes the goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented.
• Assists with ensuring that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system.
• Assists with providing activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
• Orients and assists new staff and new students.
• Encourages the use of community resources; cooperates with the community, and maintains communication with community members.
• Works closely with and collaborates with teachers and staff to create a positive learning environment.
• Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned by the Superintendent and/or Deputy Superintendent of Academics.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly
• Must have leadership skills
• Must be able to collection information, including gathering facts and data, seeking knowledge of policies, rules, laws, precedents and practices
• Must possess problem analysis skills including analyzing information, framing issues and identifying causes. Seeking additional information if and when necessary.
• Must have organizational oversight
• Must have excellent written and oral communications
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Educational Administration or Educational Leadership, or a closely related field.
• Must currently possess a K-12 Principal license and K-12 ESL teaching license
• At least 2 years of previous equivalent experience related to the position.
• Experience working in a charter school district
• Ability to speak, read and write in Hmong preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Please note that all employees are expected to understand their role as stated herein and understand that this list is not inclusive. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks assigned by the Superintendent and/or Deputy Superintendent that are not part of their job descriptions. Responsibilities are subject to change with or without notice.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.