Elementary Montessori Teacher - Long Term Sub
Cornerstone Montessori Elementary School
1611 Ames Avenue E
St. Paul, MN 55106
1, 2, 3
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Head of School
Elementary Lead Guide long-term substitute needed April - June 2019.
Plans and develops, under the guidance of Administration, instructional materials, lessons, and other activities to support Cornerstone Montessori Elementary School’s goals and objectives in accordance with the mission statement. The Lead Guide is responsible for planning, organizing, and providing learning experiences for elementary aged children in an authentic Montessori environment. The Lead Guide evaluates the needs and abilities of children and determines methods and techniques to best present and provide instruction to children across all subject areas. The Lead Guide assures children show continuous improvement in learning basics and essential skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, Association Montessori International (AMI) Diploma for the Elementary level, and appropriate Minnesota Board of Teaching licensure. This position requires subject matter expertise in educational programs, and curriculum and instructional strategies. Previous experience teaching in a Montessori setting preferred; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods, and techniques of Montessori program as adhered to and defined by the Association Montessori (AMI)
• Skill in collaborating with teaching specialists and Administrators to modify and implement instructional resources, including lesson plans to meet the needs of the children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Ability to use a variety of electronic skills and utilize web-based applications.
• Skill in obtaining, clarifying, and exchanging information.
• Skill in classroom management.
• Skill in handling child discipline.
• Ability to organize and coordinate activities.
• Ability to serve as a role model and treat children as individuals in a professional and respectful manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socioeconomic setting.
• Commitment to fulfill the mission of the school and actively collaborate with staff and parents in this effort.
• Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with children, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Ability to fully participate as a team member in a professional learning community.
Cornerstone Montessori Elementary School is a charter school committed to authentic AMI Montessori curriculum and serves children in Kindergarten through sixth grade. We seek to provide the highest quality education to all children, regardless of their socio-economic or cultural backgrounds, through partnering with a diverse community of parents, cultivating healthy lifestyles and nurturing empathy, character and community engagement. Cornerstone is located in an ethnically diverse community on the East Side of Saint Paul.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and a resume to Alyssa Schwartz at email@example.com