Athlos Academy of St. Cloud
3701 33rd Street South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Commensurate with Experience
1. Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans and building academic English and content knowledge.
2. Administers tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student language ability. Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student achievement; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
3. Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
4. Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
5. Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
6. Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
7. Instructs English learner students for the purpose of improving their success in academics and skills.
8. Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
9. Models English communication for the purpose of developing student ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
10. Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. 504, IEPs, teacher/parent meetings,data meetings) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to optimize student learning.
11. Participate in regular professional development, the school's professional learning community and staff meetings to improve instruction
12. Work collaboratively and communicate professionally with school leadership and other staff members to maximize effective instructional activities and build positive school culture.
13. Meet professional obligations by honoring schedules, deadlines, and all professional responsibilities.
14. Demonstrate the standards for effective practices of teachers found in the Minnesota Standards of Effective Practice.
15. Any other assigned duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree.
Experience Required: Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Certification Required: Valid Minnesota teacher certification required or willingness to obtain certification.
Athlos Academy of St. Cloud is a public, tuition-free charter school that offers a unique approach that empowers students to live fulfilling, responsible, and successful lives by building on our three foundational pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character. Athlos students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as a broad knowledge base and healthy lifestyle habits. Our school culture celebrates high academic achievement, fosters individual growth in fitness and Performance Character, and promotes regular family engagement.
Send resume, recommendations, cover letter, and applicable certifications/license to email@example.com.