Operations and Communications Associate
Minnesota Association of Charter Schools
161 St. Anthony Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103
The Operations & Communications Associate provides quality support to ensure that the Association’s initiatives and services are effectively fulfilling the Association’s mission, meeting staff and member expectations, and facilitating positive relationships within the charter school movement, the public policy arena, and among community leaders, and the general public.
The Operations & Communication Associate’s focus is two-fold: 1] ensuring that the events and activities of the Association are effective and efficiently planned and implemented, and 2] ensuring that the external communication tools and messaging of the Association are effective and efficient so staff, board members and member volunteers are successful in their work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Coordinate event planning, budgeting, logistics, promotion, registration, etc.
• Coordinate the membership and membership renewal drives
• Staff Re-licensure Committee and coordinate re-licensure processing
• Design, distribute and tabulate member satisfaction surveys
• Maintain events & communications calendar
• Update and maintain databases for communications
• Maintain and compile data for accountability reports
• Create, organize, and maintain record of office procedures
• Maintain organizational records
• Staff events, committees and workgroups as assigned
• Coordinate office operations and systems - (technology, supplies, etc.)
• Respond to telephone, email and mail inquires
• Coordinate, write and edit, format and distribute electronic & print newsletters
• Coordinate and distribute legislative updates, alerts and end of session reports
• Coordinate, write, edit and design of publications and reports ,
• Maintain and update overall content (writing, editing and formatting) of the MACS website as well as designated areas of the website
• Develop, edit and distribute press releases
• Coordinate Association mailings to members and others,
• Monitor tracking reports on electronic newsletters, website, and social media viewership
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Undertake other tasks and duties as defined by the Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 3 years of experience of proven performance in a successful organization
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a variety of technologies and media formats
• Service-oriented with actual experience addressing the needs of staff and a membership constituency
• Demonstrated ability to take a program or event from concept to operational level
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to create positive working relationships
• Passion for doing a quality job
• Impeccable integrity
• Sound judgment
• Intelligent, critical thinker, and a lover of learning
• Entrepreneurial spirit – thinks outside convention
• Smart, organized, and high energy
• Sense of humor
• Interdependent team member able to work cooperatively & collaboratively
This is a full-time exempt position.
Salary range – $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
Benefits include: 11 paid holidays, paid leave, medical, dental, life insurance, matching 401K plan.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and list of references to: Eugene@mncharterschools.org