Health & PE Teacher, Long Term Substitute
BlueSky Online Charter School
33 East Wentworth Avenue
West St. Paul, MN 55118
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Minnesota Teacher's License:
A Health & Physical Education Teacher provides high quality online education to all students through a well developed and implemented curriculum. They work with students via the internet, telephone, and other means of electronic communication to ensure full educational needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Develop, design, analyze, implement & evaluate curriculum in accordance with state standards.
• Develop relationships with students & families.
• Maintain & document regular correspondence with students & families in compliance with school policy.
• Write, implement, and evaluate a yearly professional development plan.
• Evaluate student work and submit grades in a timely fashion.
• Proctor state standardized tests.
• Tutor students who require assistance.
• Attend IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
Current Minnesota License as a Health and Physical Education Teacher for grades 7-12 required
Prefer experience working with Moodle and digital learning tools
Prefer experience working with at-risk youth
BlueSky is a public online charter school that serves students in grades 7-12. We serve students throughout the state of Minnesota. The majority of staff work from their homes and are expected to com into the West St. Paul office occasionally.
BlueSky offers a competitive salary, in addition to laptop and printer to work from home. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
BlueSky is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and treatment for all
employees and job applicants. In accordance with applicable law, BlueSky will not fail or refuse to hire any individual, discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of the employees race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance or on the basis of any status protected by state or local law for employees in the jurisdiction of such law.