Special Education Teacher K-12
Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy
20930 367th Lane
McGregor, MN 55760
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
The Special Education teacher will provide co-taught math and literacy instruction to students with a variety of disabilities in and inclusive mainstream setting. Although the job duties vary based on individual student needs, job duties will likely include:
• Develop or adapt materials and lesson plans; provide direct instruction to individuals and groups, co-teach and/or collaborate with general education teachers. Be skilled and willing to co-teach math and literacy classes with a general education teacher.
• Evaluate instructional materials for appropriateness to student needs and scaffolding when appropriate and continually monitoring student performance.
• Ensure compliance with special education due process including developing and implementing Individualized Education Programs in collaboration with families, students, and teachers.
• Conduct initial evaluations and re-evaluations, update progress reports, and complete due process paperwork within required timelines.
• Regular, positive and open communication with families, caregivers and students to ensure a clear understanding of student strengths, challenges, goals, progress, and potential. Facilitate required IEP team meetings.
• Support educational assistants including training, scheduling and providing structured feedback for their individual/classroom work with students.
• Regularly assess and evaluate learning based on best practice. Measure and report on student progress, and reinforce students' outstanding contributions and performance.
• Maintain various required records and data according to established policies and procedures, ensuring the accurate and timely availability of such information as needed.
• Participate in team meetings, committee meetings and professional development with general and special education staff as assigned. Participate in all aspects of the school community including several evening community events as assigned.
• Assist general education staff in developing and implementing interventions for students who are not meeting grade-level expectations in academic, social or behavioral areas. Knowledge of effective behavior strategies and writing behavior support plans.
• Administer required Minnesota state/LJA required tests.
• Maintain professional attitude and welcoming environment at all times
• May be called upon to assist with other aspects of the school day
• Other duties as determined by Dir
Minnesota Special Education teaching licensure: Preference given to teachers with Specific Learning Disabilities licensing and those who have multiple special education licenses (Developmental Cognitive Disabilities, ASD, EBD, or Academic Behavioral Specialist).
The Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy has an opening for a FT Special Education teacher for the 2018/19 school year. The Academy’s mission is to facilitate teaching the Ojibwe Language and Culture while maintaining a high level of achievement for all students. Located in McGregor, MN, the Academy has been open for 11 years serving students from the local community as well as others.
Summary: Candidate will teach and co-teach with general education staff to provide excellent learning opportunities for students who have been identified as in need of SpEd services to meet academic and social goals set by the education team, child’s family and others interested in the child’s progress. Successful candidate will also support and assist in student’s achievement in Ojibwe Language, Cultural Teachings and other activities as determined by the Board of Educati
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: competitive, depending on education and experience. The Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy runs an August to August with many breaks during the year.
Position open until filled
Send cover letter, resume, copy of current MN license to: email@example.com
Telephone number 218-768-5320