History/Language Arts Teacher 7-12
Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy
20930 367th Lane
McGregor, MN 55760
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTION
• Provide excellent instruction to students in the 7-12 (pods are currently 7-9 and 10-12) in adherence to MN Standards and expectations set by the Board of Education at the Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy
• Regularly assess and evaluate learning based on best practices. Measure and report student progress, reinforce students’ outstanding contributions and performance
• Maintain various required records and data according to established policies and procedures, ensuring that accurate and timely availability of such information as needed
• Participate in team meetings, committee and professional development with other departments including the Special Education department.
• Participate in all aspects of the school community including several evening community events as assigned
• Administer required testing and recording for individual students
• Teachers may be called on to assist with other aspects of the school day as instructed by Director
• Be an advocate for all learners
• Keep student’s families engaged in student learning and giving timely information regarding student progress
• All other duties assigned by Director
MN licensed teacher or eligible to obtain proper licensure.
• This position will serve 7-12 students with instruction in MN history, US history, World history with an emphasis in local Tribal history (specifically Rice Lake, Sandy Lake, Lake Minnewawa, Mille Lacs Lake and others)
it is desirable for candidate to be familiar with Tribal Government operations as well as the role of the MN Chippewa Tribe functions and understand the relationship between the US Governments, Tribes and state and local governments as well as Tribal Sovereignty but not necessary*
• Instruction in Language arts will include grammar, reading skills, organization skills, research methods, planning and producing an APA style report both written and oral presentation. Other life skill writing will be incorporated into the daily curriculum such as resume writing, application completion etc.
• Ability to teach multi-age classrooms is necessary
• Plan and implement day trips/field trips to increase knowledge of local Ojibwe history as well as visiting local Tribal Government offices and meeting to understand the works of Tribal Government as well as local government
• Ability to speak Ojibwe helpful
• Knowledge of Ojibwe Customs and Traditions helpful
The Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy is a Charter school located south of McGregor, MN. Open for 11 years the Academy operates in a year round calendar with breaks between quarters and other event. Emphasis is on Ojibwe Language, Culture and Traditions; students participate in activities such as harvesting wild rice, maple syrup and other traditional practices.
Salary ranges competitive, depending on education and experience. The Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy has a school year that goes from August to August with many breaks during the year