Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy
20930 367th Lane
McGregor, MN 55760
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Minnesota Teacher's License:
: Teacher will provide instruction for either the K-3 pod or the 4-6 pod during the regularly scheduled school year for the Academy. These duties will include the following:
• Developing lesson plans that reflect the mission of the Academy as well as the MN State standards for each grade level. Presentation of lessons to students in a meaningful and engaging manner is imperative.
• Monitor, record and evaluate student’s progress in all areas of education including social interaction and meeting grade appropriate benchmarks.
• Participate in team meetings, committee and professional development with other departments including the Special Education department as required
• Maintain records and all related material to student achievement in a secure and organized manner
• Administering required testing and recording as directed
• Participate in all aspects of the school community including several evening events as assigned
• Be an advocate for all learners
• Keep student’s families engaged in student learning and providing timely information regarding student progress
• All other duties assigned by Director
: Minnesota Teaching license K-6 preferred or ability to obtain necessary variance to teach grades listed. Must be eligible to teach and work in Minnesota with a favorable background
Salary ranges are competitive depending on qualifications and experience. The Minisinaakwaang Leadership Academy has a school year that is August to August with many breaks during the year. The Academy is in it’s 11th year of providing education to students surrounding the McGregor area as we are located south of McGregor. The mission of the Academy is to promote and use the Ojibwe Language, Culture and Traditions to assist students in gaining practical information to use in their daily lives as Anishinabe people.
*Ojibwe language speakers are encouraged to apply however it is not necessary to speak the language to be considered
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED