Art & Science Academy
903 6th Ave Court NE
Isanti, MN 55040
Commensurate with Experience
Chair, Personnel Committee
Opportunity for Innovation
Art and Science Academy (ASA) seeks an Executive Director (ED) who will advance the school’s vision in educational excellence through integration of the arts and sciences for all K-8 students. This requires development of a culture that promotes strong collaboration and innovation among all internal and external stakeholders. The ED will have freedom and flexibility to create, modify, embrace, and introduce new methods in the delivery of education as a means to help students achieve their best in a school environment that promotes best practices in teaching and learning and makes certain all members of the school community feel welcomed, valued, and connected. You will be greeted by great educators, caring staff, eager students, engaged parents, and a growing community that values education.
● Proven visionary, innovative leader with significant commitment to education
● Proven capacity to build trust, community, and partnerships with energy and enthusiasm
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Financial acumen and responsible fiscal stewardship
● Experience in strategic planning and project management
● Master’s Degree in education, nonprofit management or related program
● Valid K-12 Minnesota Administrative License
● A minimum of three years successful experience as an executive director or superintendent
● Background in or understanding of Minnesota charter school law
● Experience in growing schools
ASA has 380 students on a campus that houses a K-4 building, a 5-8 building, a park, and acreage for expansion for a high school/preschool program. Investments have been made in technology that lend itself to online learning. The board is exploring purchase of the buildings, as the state allows charter schools to own buildings after six years of operation. We are solid. The schools are located in Isanti, a growing City approximately 45 miles from Minneapolis-St. Paul. Isanti is known for its vast recreational activities from bike trails, soccer stadium, skate parks, a golf course, and 10 parks in and around the city. Access to the Rum River creates other outdoor opportunities. The natural environment creates ample opportunities for experiential learning.
Procedure for Application:
To apply, email cover letter, resume, and desired supporting documents to:
Chair, Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Timing:
ASA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is currently an open position, with flexibility for the start date.