Charter School Board Governance Award
MN CHARTER SCHOOL BOARD GOVERNANCE AWARD
The MN Association of Charter Schools – Board Governance Award is designed to recognize charter school boards that have put in place the policies, procedures and practices that are fundamental to effective governance. As a criteria based award all MACS member charter school boards have the opportunity to receive the Award if they meet the award’s criteria.
There are SIX CRITERIA areas: 1] Foundational Documents, 2] Board Operations, 3] Policy Development, Implementation, and Evaluation, 4] Financial Oversight & Administrator and Program Evaluations, 5] Transparency and Accountability, and 6] Community Engagement and Advocacy.
Applications are evaluated on Five Measures:
- The Application is complete and accurate.
- The required Attachments to the Applications meet current legal requirements and standards.
- The required Information and Documents Posted on the School Website complete and accurate.
- The required On-site Portfolio of Documents are current, complete and meet legal requirements.
- The On-site Interviews confirm the accuracy of the information provided.