Special Ed Teacher
Achieve Language Academy
2169 Stillwater Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55119
Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Full time special education teacher (EBD). Prefer 3 yr exp. in multicultural urban school setting; reading/literacy skill dev., knowledge and exp. in integrating curriculum; ability to work in team atmosphere. Hmong or Spanish language is +.
Valid and current license in Special Education.
Deep understanding of middle school science concepts and literature and an interest in experiential instruction
3 years teaching experience preferably at the middle school level
Knowledge of Responsive Classroom and/or Developmental Design
Achieve Language Academy is a community of learners in grades Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. Achieve is built on the beliefs that good schools transform communities; that community is created by shared values and common goals; that all children can learn and achieve; and that education is essential to a fulfilling life
At Achieve, students:
• WORK cooperatively with other students of various cultural backgrounds and toward personal high academic goals;
• RESPECT each individual’s uniqueness, cultural heritage and opinions and ideas;
• BELONG to a community that gives back to the larger community and are active members of a challenging learning community.
• Students have an opportunity to become literate in two languages, English and either Hmong or Spanish.
• Each student has an individualized continuous learning plan based on input from parents, teachers, and student.
• Extended summer programming available for all students.
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com