- About Us
The MN Association of Charter Schools, as a membership organization, advocates for charter school policy issues, supports charter school innovation, quality and accountability, and facilitates cooperation in Minnesota’s charter school community to promote equitable opportunities and excellence in education for students.
We envision a public education community of schools in Minnesota where:
- Charter schools are the first choice of parents and young people and are recognized by Minnesota’s citizens and people across the nation and world as valuable, innovative, accountable and learner focused public schools of opportunity and choice,
- Charter schools are places where academic and personal achievement are enhanced by living out the guiding principles of high standards, quality learning environments, excellence in teaching, transparent accountability and school choice,
- Charter schools are locally designed, community-based and democratically governed by educators, parents and community members that are empowered to establish outcomes, oversee operations and ensure accountability,
- Charter schools are leaders in developing, implementing and documenting new, creative, and innovative teaching methods, learning formats and professional opportunities for educators.
- Charter schools are recognized as setting the “quality gold standard” for organizational performance, educational governance, financial integrity, partnership sustainability, and measurable learning outcomes,
- Charter schools are places that challenge the intellect, embolden the human spirit, recognize the distinctive and diverse needs of students celebrate the dignity of every individual learner, and further democracy and justice in our society.
The Minnesota Association of Charter Schools [MACS] was formed by charter school leaders in 1995 and formally incorporated as a Minnesota 501(c)3 nonprofit membership organization in 1998. Membership in the Association is open to charter schools, authorizers, and individuals who support the charter school movement.
Click here to view our Annual Report for 2017-2018