Part-Time Cafeteria Administrator
Sojourner Truth Academy
3820 Emerson Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Sojourner Truth Academy is a high-performing, PK-8 open enrollment public charter school. We are driven by our mission to prepare children for the future by building confidence and a strong sense of self-worth through small classrooms and an open, safe, family-like environment. STA supports families by embracing change when necessary for the good of the children and serving as a bridge to the community. Staff at STA is dedicated to and held accountable for providing a learning experience that is culturally relevant, challenging and fun. Sojourner Truth Academy is a results-driven school founded in 1999.
Sojourner Truth Academy (STA) is currently seeking a committed, passionate, educators who hold an unshakeable belief in the ability of our scholars, to join our team as our part-time Cafeteria Administrator. As a member of STA’s administrative team, the Cafeteria Administrator performs the accurate recording and operation of daily meal service.
At Sojourner Truth Academy we strive to provide an equitable and caring environment that fosters the belief that all scholars can and will achieve at high levels.
At STA Teacher Leader Teams drive and operate STA’s academic program with fidelity. Teacher Teams analyze instructional gaps; research best practice; develop, implement and train teachers on school-wide learning profiles. These teacher leadership opportunities have been rewarded with the lowest teacher turn over in STA history.
Candidates that are selected for an interview will receive additional information regarding the specific roles and responsibilities.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, culturally competent work force that represents the community we serve. We value diversity, are an equal-opportunity employer, and welcome all qualified applicants.
STA EMPLOYMENT LOGISTICS
Sojourner Truth Academy’s work day is Monday – Friday, scholar contact days only, 10:00am – 1:00pm
Wages for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. STA provides a collaborative and committed team environment with regular professional development and leadership opportunities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or G. E. D.
CERTIFICATE & LICENSURE: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Computer competency with Excel, word processing, e-mail and Internet with an affinity for learning food and nutrition service software program
• Talks about our work, scholars, families, and community in a respectful way.
• Strong classroom management skills and ability to diffuse and resolve conflict with scholars, parents and co-workers by demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to recognize and respond promptly to problems that may result in inaccurate data
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• A proven passion for working with urban youth and an unshakeable belief in their potential
• Meticulous attention to detail especially regarding data entry
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Demonstrated track record of successfully working with people of color (particularly African-Americans and Hispanics) and socio-economically disadvantaged communities AND/OR training in cultural competency and/or institutional racism
• Regular, prompt attendance is essential
• Ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively and effectively with co-workers
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Please visit us at www.sojournertruthacademy.org to learn more about our school.
1. Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.sojournertruthacademy.org
2. Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Alma Trevino at email@example.com.
3. Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.