Beginning Spanish Teacher 6-8 Half-Time
New City School
1500 6th Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Half-time Beginning Spanish Teacher
Teaching beginning Spanish language classes to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Deliver curriculum, assess, monitor, and report on progress, manage students and classes, and coordinate with administration, families, and team members.
• Monitor students when on school property.
• Attend staff meetings, professional development trainings, data analysis days, etc.
• Seek and learn from feedback to improve performance and professional competence.
• Support the administrative or operational work of the school.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Current Minnesota teaching license
• Experience with diverse student populations
• Urban teaching experience
• Demonstrated success in increasing student achievement
• Arts and project-based learning experience
• Experience and/or interest in the intersection of social and emotional and academic learning
• Growth Mindset: Teachers work with an understanding that focused work over time results in desired outcomes. Willingness to take risks in efforts to further student learning is encouraged.
• Focus on Learning: Teachers routinely examine student learning results and plan instruction based on insights derived from data analysis. Engaging each student and moving each forward from her/his growing edge is the work. Learning with and from others is the norm.
• Creativity and Flexibility: Teachers will demonstrate creativity and promote creativity among students will server flexibly in a variety of roles.
• Teamwork: Teachers partner with teams for grade-level work and are engaged in weekly professional development with the teaching staff continuous focused on developing and maintaining caring and supportive relationships. Teachers will also develop inclusive teams focused on developing and maintaining caring and supporting relationships through advisory.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and implement effective instruction and assessment in math in alignment with state (or Common Core) standards.
• Use data from assessments and and informal sources to adjust and direct instruction.
• Tailor instruction to meet individual student strengths, needs and interests.
• Collaborate with advisors, administrators, students and families to ensure each student receives the support they need.
• Maintain accurate, complete and factual records on each student.
New City Charter School is an innovative K-8 public charter school in its seventeenth year in Northeast Minneapolis. Guided by its mission to integrate social, emotional, and academic learning effectively and to honor the diversity and individuality of each of its students, New City limits class sizes, integrates arts, intentionally cultivates both the student and staff community, and through a growth orientation that pervades our learning work, aspires to launch students to high school and beyond to foster a new and better city.
Our student day is currently from 10:15 AM until 4:45 PM. Staff meetings precede the student day.
SALARY, START DATE, and APPLICATION
• Salary: competitive and commensurate with experience + comprehensive benefits package
• Start Date: August, 2019
• Application: please e-mail cover letter and resume (including current licensure status) to Todd Bartholomay, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Applications will be accepted immediately and considered until the position is filled.