Elementary - Grade 5 Teacher
Cedar Riverside Community School
1610 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Cedar Riverside Community School is currently seeking a 5th Grade Teacher to provide a well-rounded academically focused program with an emphasis on language and literacy development. The 5th Grade Teacher’s primary responsibilities include:
1. Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, to students in a classroom, utilizing Minnesota Education standards, board policies, administrative regulations and material appropriate to the school mission and vision as a guide to instruction and course content.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
3. Uses a variety of instructional strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
4. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Works cooperatively with Special Education and English Learner teachers to modify curricula as needed for Special Education and English Learner students.
7. Consistently assesses student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences, phone calls, and/or emails to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
10. Identifies student needs and collaborates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning challenges.
11. Creates an effective and positive environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
12. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
13. Supervises students in and out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
14. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
15. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
16. Participates in faculty committees and positively promotes the school at all times.
17. Embraces and exhibits the CRCS Value Statement.
Required Qualifications: A valid Elementary Classroom Teaching License (includes Grade 5)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with diverse populations of students including immigrants, English learners, special education students, and gifted students. Experience/Training in Daily 5, Guided Reading, Responsive Classroom, Response to Intervention (RtI), Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), National Urban Alliance, Restorative Practices, and/or personalized learning. Ability to proficiently communicate in Somali and/or Spanish preferred.
Cedar Riverside Community School is a PreK-8 charter school located in the diverse Cedar-Riverside area of Minneapolis. It was established as one of the first charter schools in Minnesota in 1993 with the goal of meeting the unique needs of the youth in the neighborhood. During its 26 year existence, Cedar Riverside Community School has been diligent about maintaining a strong academic program while being responsive to the ever-changing population. It has also worked in partnership with many organizations, as well as educational and health institutions in the community.
Visit our website at: https://crcs-school.org/employment/