.5 FTE Special Education Educational Assistan
BlueSky Online Charter School
33 East Wentworth Avenue
West St. Paul, MN 55118
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
A Special Education Educational Assistant supports students with Individualized Education Plans online and face-to-face in the BlueSky office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Provide online student support utilizing virtual conferencing software
• Occasionally provide face-to-face student support to Special Education students on the BlueSky campus
• Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
• Enforce BlueSky and class expectations with individual students
• Provide onsite student supervision for SPED students, when requested
• Monitor student performance and assist in their completion of work
• Document and maintain student records as appropriate
• Maintains weekly office hours to communicate in person with students as needed
• Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, attendance, and course material
• Meets regularly with case managers to discuss assignments and classroom issues
• Works cooperatively with course teachers inside and outside of the classroom
• Complies with all school policies and expectations
• Proctors student tests
• Attends staff meetings
• Attends student field trips, as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent
Must meet one of the following criteria
• Complete at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (minimum of 60 semester credits)
• Associate’s degree or higher
• Demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instruction, reading, writing, and mathematics (minimum score of 460 on the ParaPro test)
• At least two years of special education paraprofessional experience in a school setting
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Experience with Moodle and other digital tools preferred
• Prior work with students in special education preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to problem solve, work independently, prioritize projects, and manage deadlines with little supervision.
The position is eligible for work from home. However, the Special Education Educational Assistant is expected to supervise special education students at the BlueSky office on occasion, when requested. The Special Education Educational Assistant is expected to be present on site for all activities deemed mandatory by the school.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
BlueSky is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and treatment for all
employees and job applicants. In accordance with applicable law, BlueSky will not fail or refuse to hire any individual, discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of the employees race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance or on the basis of any status protected by state or local law for employees in the jurisdiction of such law.