Long Term Substitute English Teacher
BlueSky Online Charter School
33 East Wentworth Avenue
West St. Paul, MN 55118
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Minnesota Teacher's License:
An English/Language Arts teacher provides high quality online education to all students through a well developed and implemented Language Arts curriculum. Teachers work with students via the internet, telephone and other means of electronic communication to ensure full educational needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Develop, design, analyze, implement, & evaluate curriculum in accordance with state standards
• Evaluate student work and submit grades in a timely fashion
• Tutor students requiring assistance
• Develop relationships with students and families
• Maintain & document regular correspondence with students & family in compliance with school policy
• Attend parent-teacher conference nights twice annually
• Proctor state standardized tests
• Attend IEP (Individual Education Plans) meetings
• Write, implement, and evaluate a yearly professional development plan
• Attend development conferences and staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum of Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in English from four-year college or university.
Current Minnesota Teachers License in 5-12 English/Language Arts or Communication Arts/Literature
Prefer experience with Moodle, digital learning tools and reading instruction
Prefer experience with at-risk youth
BlueSky is a non-profit online charter school that serves students in grades 7-12. We serve students throughout the state of Minnesota. Because students take classes online, 92% of our staff work from their homes and only come into the office occasionally.
BlueSky offers a competitive salary and benefits, in addition to laptop and printer to work from home. Send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com