Middle School Music Teacher
Laura Jeffrey Academy
1550 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
5, 6, 7, 8
Minnesota Teacher's License:
Commensurate with Experience
Implement school-wide music program.
· Lead the implementation of an engaging and dynamic music program.
· Deliver regularly scheduled, standards-based music instruction.
· Develop and direct two music performances
· Work collaboratively with teachers across disciplines
Understand and articulate school-wide curriculum, instructional and assessment approaches
· Participate with enthusiasm in thematic and collaborative curriculum planning; align disciplinary standards to restorative practices and plan curriculum, instruction and assessment with the LJA Principles in mind.
Implement school-wide curriculum, instructional and assessment approaches
· Create constructivist, UbD-designed instructional units to deliver content standards in music education.
· Write learning targets that make intended learning clear and motivating to students.
· Engage in constant reflective practices, individually and with peers, to improve the quality of your professional practice.
Work collaboratively with staff and parents to ensure progress of all students
· Communicate regularly and on demand with parents about individual student progress.
· Work with the Special Education team to deliver adapted curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
· Participate in IEP meetings and staff meetings
Model a safe and healthy learning environment and professional work culture
· Understand and model LJA principles with students and parents, board, and community.
· Communicate with students and parents on an on-going and timely basis regarding student progress and achievement on academic and non-academic goals.
· Co-create an LJA professional and positive work culture w/peers on a daily basis.
MN Licensed in Secondary Education - Music
Passion for working with 5th – 8th grade students
Inherent belief in the ability of all students to learn and achieve success
Strategic and systematic thinker
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Committed to creating a culture of inquiry; committed to ongoing professional and personal development
Experience with keyboards, drums, percussion and instrumental - general
Experience with interdisciplinary teaching and learning
Experience working collaboratively with a team of teachers/staff
Experience working with middle school students in an urban setting
Experience developing standards based curriculum and authentic assessment tools to measure student understanding
LAURA JEFFREY ACADEMY is the first STEM-focused urban middle school in MN with a comprehensive liberal arts, STEM focused, girl-focused curriculum. Our purpose is to provide a unique and stimulating educational environment where students are free – to explore their potential, discover their brilliance and develop their intellect. We are looking for educators committed to social justice and equity in learning for all students. If you are an educator who thinks out of the box, loves to collaborate with others, we would love to hear from you. Women and men of color are encouraged to apply. We are committed to serving a diverse population of students and families.
Send cover letter and resume (with each file saved with your name in the title) to: email@example.com, fax to 651-414-6006 or mail to LJA, 1550 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105