80 Results matching 1 selected AttributeView Map
City: Vadnais Heights
Programmatic Focus: Science focused curriculum with courses in Animal Science, Plant Science, Food Science, Environmental Science and Mechanical Science/Engineering. The curriculum focuses on hands-on and experiential learning opportunities.
Authorizer: Osprey Wilds
Programmatic Focus: Arcadia Charter School envisions a supportive learning community that, through collaboration and student-driven, project-based learning, encourages and assists students to:
• Express themselves creatively through the visual, literary, and performing arts.
• Use technology with innovation, imagination, and responsibility.
• Develop critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
• Construct knowledge and meaning for themselves.
• Value, advocate, and strive for the wellness of the whole person.
• Be empowered to act as local citizens within a rapidly changing global community.
Authorizer: Northfield Public School District
Programmatic Focus: • Small class sizes in a teen and family friendly atmosphere
• Supportive, trauma-informed staff use positive, strength-based approaches; students are respected and held to a high standard of personal honor
• Post-secondary enrollment, individualized learning options and work-based learning programs available
• Engaging elective courses including robotics, music production and recording, video game design, song writing and poetry, drumming, graphic design
• Culturally relevant curriculum, including African American history, American Indian history and culture, Dakhóta studies, Indigenous Literature and arts
Authorizer: Minnesota Guild of Public Charter Schools
City: St. Paul
Programmatic Focus: Fostering academic excellence and character education through the education of the whole person – mind, body and will.
I. Staff Integrity: Role modeling for students - Members of the staff embrace and strive to live their own lives in support of the desired outcome, thus providing role models for the students.
II. Relationships: Unconditional positive regard for all - Unconditional Positive Regard for all is the fundamental principle underlying relationships within our school community. We learn to accept and care for others, because others accept and care for us.
III. Experiences: Life changing opportunities - Experiences that promote wholeness and encourage ethical and moral behavior and reflection, are potentially life changing, and provide a path to wholeness and fullness of life for all.
IV. Academic Success for All: A school where everyone wins - At Community of Peace Academy, it is not where our students begin, but where they finish, that matters.
Authorizer: University of St. Thomas
City: Mountain Iron
Programmatic Focus: Environmental education
Authorizer: Osprey Wilds
Programmatic Focus: El Colegio students develop the skills and personal qualities needed to be successful in college and employment, to be comfortable and excel in a bilingual, bicultural environment, and to be leaders in their communities and the world.
Authorizer: Pillsbury United Communities