Relicensure Submission Requirements & Forms
The MACS Relicensure Committee deals only with Tier 3 and Tier 4 Educator Licenses and in accordance with the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board's rules and guidelines.
Tier 4 - Full 5 Year Standard License -125 Total Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Tier 3 - 3 Years with Unlimited Renewals -75 Total Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
It also processes Administrative License Renewals in accordance with the MN Board of School Administrators Rules.
The following items are required as part of your submission to the Relicensure Committee.
All items must be submitted via fax to 651-789-3093 or email, in one single PDF file, to email@example.com and included in order for your file to be reviewed. (See individual forms under RELATED CONTENT at bottom of page for instructions on completing them.)
- Relicensure Submission Cover Sheet
- Copy of current license
- License History - under the Teacher license lookup section, type in your file folder number and click "Details" instead of PDF.
- Re-licensure Master Record Form
- Clock Hour Activity Explanation Sheet (only if necessary)
- CEU Documentation
*Starting in 2020, all renewals must include 8 hours of Cultural Competency Training
Once documentation has been submitted electronically, please submit payment to MACS via PayPal.
Tips to Make Your Relicensure Go Smoothly:
- Make sure all CEUs have your name on them.
- Put CEUs in the order they are listed on your Master Sheet to the best of your ability.
- If for any reason you think a CEU might require an explanation as to why it counts for a certain area, be sure to include an Explanation Sheet.
- If you were pre-approved for hours by an outside committee, please provide documentation so that our committee knows what is left for them to review.
- The Relicensure Committee is made up of volunteer teachers and administrators. They will only review applications on the scheduled meeting days.
- The MACS office processes applications but cannot review them. Official review can only be done by the Relicensure Committee.
- See our FAQ page for more information
Submitting Clock Hours for Approval in a Non-Renewal Year
- If you wish the committee to review clock hours for approval and your license does not expire on June 30th of the current school year, you need to submit at least 50 clock hours at a time for committee review.
- You may only submit clock hours once per school year for review in non-renewal years.
Surrendering a License(s)
- According to MN rules, if you plan to surrender one of your licenses, you must do so by December 31st of the year prior to your license expiration, or you will be required to renew all of your licenses by June 30th. Contact PESLB for information on this process.