MN Teacher & Administrative License Renewal
For deadlines and committee meetings, please visit our events page here.
- CHARTER SCHOOL TEACHERS: Throughout each five-year licensure cycle, teachers are required to compile professional development activities to meet state requirements and then submit them to a local continuing education/relicensure committee for approval.
- All teachers must have a valid, current license in order to teach in a Minnesota charter school. Minnesota teachers need to maintain and renew their professional licensure every five years through the MN Department of Education.
- CHARTER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS: MN charter school administrators are not required to hold a valid administrative license by law. However, those that have a license need to maintain and renew their professional licensure every five years with hours that have been pre-approved by the MN Board of School Administrators.
- EARN CEUs THROUGH MACS: MENTAL HEALTH ONLINE WORKSHOP: The Association offers an online workshop for teachers and professional staff on “Understanding Key Warning Signs of Early Onset Mental Illness in Children And Adolescents.” Click here for details and/or registration.
One of the benefits MACS offers to ALL MN charter schools and authorizing institutions is access to the MACS Relicensure Committee. This committee, composed of volunteers from the member charter school community, reviews and endorses relicensure requests from current and retired charter school educators.
For more information regarding license renewal through the MACS Relicensure Committee go to:
- Relicensure Submission Requirements and Forms
- Meeting Dates, Submission Deadlines, and Review Process
- Cost for License Renewal (see PayPal information below)
- (Contact) Adan Gutierrez, MACS Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com
The re-licensure application processing fee for the 2016-2017 school year is:
$39.00 - for individuals employed in a MACS member school
$69.00 - for individuals employed in non-member charter schools
$69.00 - for teachers whose last place of employment in Minnesota was a charter school
$100.00 - Late Submission Fee - for applications received after the annual final deadline for submissions (the late fee is in addition to the basic fee)