2020 MN Charter School Innovation Award Application Now Available
The MN Association of Charter Schools invites all of Minnesota’s chartered public schools to apply for the Annual MN CHARTER SCHOOL INNOVATION AWARDS. The awards were established in 2016, in conjunction with the 25th Anniversary of Minnesota’s first in the nation charter school law to recognize and document innovation.
All Minnesota Chartered Public Schools are encouraged to apply regardless of membership with MACS. All Innovations submitted must have been implemented for at least two years.
Applicants can submit their Innovation in one of five (5) areas as dictated by the MN Charter School Law:
- Increasing learning opportunities for all pupils
- Encouraging the use of different and innovative teaching methods
- Creating different and innovative forms of measuring learning outcomes
- Establishing new forms of accountability
- Creating new professional opportunities for teachers
While the application is now open, MACS will only accept submissions between January 2 - January 31, 2020. All questions and inquiries should be directed to Mike Swan, Operations & Communications Associate, at email@example.com.
Awardees receive a $1,000 Check, an Innovation Award Banner, and have their innovation documented in a video produced by the Association.
Click below to download the application and explore the innovations of our previous winners.