Teaching and Administrator Licenses & Renewals
Charter School TeachersAll teachers must have a valid, current Minnesota license in order to teach in a Minnesota charter school. Every teacher is responsible to maintain and renew his/her professional license according to state rules and submit their renewal hours to a relicensure committee for approval. The Committee only reviews/approves hours for Tier 3 & 4 licenses.
Charter School AdministratorsMN charter school administrators are not required to hold an administrative license. However, an individual with an administrator license is responsible for renew her/his professional license every five years with clock hours pre-approved by the MN Board of School Administrators.
Personnel of all MN charter schools and authorizing institutions can access the services of the Association's Relicensure Committee.
For more information about the Association's Relicensure Process:
- Relicensure Submission Requirements and Forms
- Meeting Dates, Submission Deadlines, and Review Process
2021-2022 Relicensure Application Review Fees:
- $35.00 - Individuals employed in a MACS member school.
- $35.00 - Individuals who retired from a MACS member school within the last year.
- $55.00 - Individuals employed in non-member charter schools.
- $55.00 - Teachers whose last place of employment in Minnesota was a charter school
- $100.00 - Late Submission Fee (in addition to the basic fee) - Applications received after final submission deadline of the year.
*Please note that this is MACS' review fee. PELSB also has their own processing fee.
If you have questions after reading all the materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.