*As of January 15, 2019, all license renewal applications MUST be submitted on the appropriate Tier 3 or Tier 4 application forms*
TEACHING and ADMINISTRATOR LICENSES & RENEWALS
- CHARTER SCHOOL TEACHERS:
All teachers must have a valid, current Minnesota license in order to teach in a Minnesota charter school. Every teacher is responsible to maintain and renew his/her professional license according to state rules and submit their renewal hours to a relicensure committee for approval.
- CHARTER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS:
MN charter school administrators are not required to hold an administrative license. However, an individual with an administrator license is responsible for renew her/his professional license every five years with clock hours pre-approved by the MN Board of School Administrators.
The Association's Relicensure Committee handles renewals for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Educator and Administrator Licenses.
Personnel of all MN charter schools and authorizing institutions can access the services of the Association's Relicensure Committee.
For more information about the Association's Relicensure Process:
- Relicensure Submission Requirements and Forms
- Meeting Dates, Submission Deadlines, and Review Process
2018-2019 Relicensure Application Processing Fees:
- $39.00 - Individuals employed in a MACS member school. Pay here
- $39.00 - Individuals who retired from a MACS member school within the last year.
- $69.00 - Individuals employed in non-member charter schools. Pay here
- $69.00 - Teachers whose last place of employment in Minnesota was a charter school
- $100.00 - Late Submission Fee - Applications received after final deadline of the year for submissions (Late fee is in addition to the basic fee)
If you have questions after reading all the materials, contact Mike at 651.789.3090.