TEACHING and ADMINISTRATOR LICENSES & RENEWALS
- CHARTER SCHOOL TEACHERS:
All teachers must have a valid, current Minnesota license in order to teach in a Minnesota charter school. Every teacher is responsible to maintain and renew his/her professional license according to state rules and submit their renewal hours to a relicensure committee for approval.
- CHARTER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS:
MN charter school administrators are not required to hold an administrative license. However, an individual with an administrator license is responsible for renew her/his professional license every five years with clock hours pre-approved by the MN Board of School Administrators.
The Association's Relicensure Committee handles renewals for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Educator and Administrator Licenses.
Personnel of all MN charter schools and authorizing institutions can access the services of the Association's Relicensure Committee.
For more information about the Association's Relicensure Process:
- Relicensure Submission Requirements and Forms
- Meeting Dates, Submission Deadlines, and Review Process
2018-2019 Relicensure Application Processing Fees:
- $39.00 - Individuals employed in a MACS member school.
- $39.00 - Individuals who retired from a MACS member school within the last year.
- $69.00 - Individuals employed in non-member charter schools.
- $69.00 - Teachers whose last place of employment in Minnesota was a charter school
- $100.00 - Late Submission Fee - Applications received after final deadline of the year for submissions (Late fee is in addition to the basic fee)
*All applications are now subjected to the late fee.
Payment link for member schools
Payment link for non-member schools
If you have questions after reading all the materials, contact Mike Swan, Operations & Communications Associate, at 651.789.3090.