186 Locations in this CategoryView Map
City: Vadnais Heights
Programmatic Focus: Science focused curriculum with courses in Animal Science, Plant Science, Food Science, Environmental Science and Mechanical Science/Engineering. The curriculum focuses on hands-on and experiential learning opportunities.
Authorizer: Osprey Wilds
Programmatic Focus: Arcadia Charter School envisions a supportive learning community that, through collaboration and student-driven, project-based learning, encourages and assists students to:
• Express themselves creatively through the visual, literary, and performing arts.
• Use technology with innovation, imagination, and responsibility.
• Develop critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
• Construct knowledge and meaning for themselves.
• Value, advocate, and strive for the wellness of the whole person.
• Be empowered to act as local citizens within a rapidly changing global community.
Authorizer: Northfield Public School District
Programmatic Focus: • Small class sizes in a teen and family friendly atmosphere
• Supportive, trauma-informed staff use positive, strength-based approaches; students are respected and held to a high standard of personal honor
• Post-secondary enrollment, individualized learning options and work-based learning programs available
• Engaging elective courses including robotics, music production and recording, video game design, song writing and poetry, drumming, graphic design
• Culturally relevant curriculum, including African American history, American Indian history and culture, Dakhóta studies, Indigenous Literature and arts
Authorizer: Minnesota Guild of Public Charter Schools
Programmatic Focus: Character Education and Daily Spanish focus. Other curriculums include Core Knowledge Social Studies, FOSS (K-5) and SEPEP (6-8) for Science, and Math Expressions K-5 and Big Ideas 6-8 for math curriculum.
Authorizer: Innovative Quality Schools